I’m not a coffee drinker. I’m a blended mocha (on warm days) and a cafe mocha (on cool days) drinker.
Yet several years ago, while waiting at my local Coffee Bean, I took a look at their shelves displaying bags of coffee and realized my personality was written on those shelf tags. I can be succinctly summed up using the same adjectives that describe international coffee beans.
Since today, September 29th is National Coffee Day, I thought I would re-visit this post. Just keep in mind, these were the descriptors used a few years ago for the bags of coffee sold at Coffee Bean. While those terms may be different now, I think they still apply to me.
- Light and subtle. I hope I am subtle in many ways including my sarcasm and my fragrances. Generally, I think less is more on both counts.
- Light and distinctive. You won’t see me wearing any bright red lipstick or blue eyeshadow or black nail polish. I prefer lighter hues. However, I strive to be distinctive. I really don’t mind standing-out and not looking like everyone else walking in and out of Coffee Bean. Which is when you should take a look at my jewelry. Rings on eight of my ten fingers. Earrings and necklace to match the day’s outfit. Three bracelets, a watch, and my anklet complete the ensemble.
- Medium and smooth. I am of medium height at 5’6”. I achieve smoothness, hopefully, by my daily application of body lotion but also I hope I’m smooth (as in fairly easy-going) and not prickly (as in irritable or disagreeable).
- Dark and distinctive. I am not a blonde-haired, blue-eyed California girl. I am a brown-haired, brown-eyed California girl. And while my jewelry may make the top part of me distinctive, my footwear takes care of the bottom part of me. I am a person who is all about comfort. Which means Birkenstocks and not high heels.
- Decaffeinated. I pride myself on being rather level-headed, sensible, and down-to-earth. I am not overly hyper or overly loud. Which is why during my teaching years, I was told I had a calming way with my students. Those students, who threw chairs in other classes or got into fights in the previous grade level, were put in my classes. And year after year, they made me proud with their progress as they blossomed.
- Flavored. My body lotion, shampoo, and body wash are a mix of “flavors.” You’ll find scents like “country apple,” “rose water and ivy,” and “sweet pea and violet.”
(By the way – Coffee Bean is offering 25% off today on their coffee products. Details are available on their website.)
2 thoughts on “Coffee and Me”
LOL!!! Wonderful wit and wisdom–especially hearty on the wisdom. You have such a remarkable way of exploring life and helping others to see each other from different perspectives. I love reading your posts!
Thank you so much, Zhita, for reading, for commenting, for sharing your kind words! It makes my heart smile to know my writing has touched you!